Q & A

FAQs about dental services

Find answers to the most common dental service queries. Visit Manor Road Dental Practice Ltd in Swansea for a dental check-up. We provide general and cosmetic dental services.

How to find a qualified dentist?

Go to NHS Direct's Local Services section to find qualified dentists in your locality and then contact the dentist or the clinic to book an appointment.

Please note that since April 2016 patients are no longer required to be registered with a particular doctor. They can see any dentist they prefer and the dentist or the clinic can maintain a record of their regular patients and their ongoing treatments.

How often is a dental check-up recommended?

The frequency of your dental health checks depends on the health of your teeth and gums. It is recommended that you consult a dentist to find out your dental care requirements.

Can I register for NHS care?

Once again, after a professional check, your dentist will be able to advise you whether the treatment will be under the NHS, private or a combination of both. Read NHS Direct's FAQs to understand the procedure and requirements of NHS treatment.

Complaints Procedure

Listening.... Acting.... Improving

We operate a complaints procedure for dealing with complaints as part of the NHS system and for treatment provided privately.

  Our system meets national criteria.

Any member of our team can give you further information or you can
 ask to speak to Mrs. Karen Miles who we have nominated to handle complaints.

Our practice complaints leaflet gives details of the procedure and
is available from reception.
Our aim is to give you the highest standards of service we can achieve and we try to deal swiftly with any problems that may occur.

If you are pleased with our efforts to help you please tell others about us and tell them how pleased you are.

If you are not pleased we would be grateful if you would tell us so that we can try to improve on the points you are unhappy about.

Listening.... Acting.... Improving

Practice complaints procedure

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the dentists or any of the staff working in this practice, please let us know. We operate a practice complaints procedure as part of a NHS system for handling complaints but the practice part of it is also available if you received your treatment privately. Our complaints system meets national criteria.

How to complain

We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise and with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to let us know by writing or letter to us as soon as possible - ideally, within a matter of days or at most a few weeks - because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that please let us have details of your complaint:
  •  within 12 months of the incident that caused the problem; or
  •  within 6 months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident

Complaints should be addressed to Mrs. Karen Miles (whom we have nominated to handle complaints) or to any of the dentists. Alternatively, you may ask for an appointment with Karen in order to discuss your concerns. She will explain the complaints procedure to you and will make sure that your concerns are dealt with promptly. It will be a great help if you are as specific as possible about your complaint.

What we shall do

We shall acknowledge your written complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into it within ten working days of the date when you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved. When we look into your written complaint we shall aim to:
  •  find out what happened and what went wrong
  •  make it possible to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like this
  •  make sure you receive an apology, where this is appropriate
  •  identify what we can do to make sure the same problem does not happen again
Complaining on behalf of someone else

Please note that we keep strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. We can provide a note for the person concerned to sign giving permission, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of signing.

Complaining to Authorities

We hope that if you have a problem you will use our practice complaints procedure. We believe this will give us the best chance of putting right whatever has gone wrong and an opportunity to improve our practice. This does not affect your right to approach the following if you feel you cannot raise your complaint with us or you are dissatisfied with the result of our investigation. 
ABMU Health Board
1 Talbot Gateway
Baglan Energy Park
Port Talbot
SA12 7BR

Tel: 01639 683363
Email: ABM.complaints@nhs.uk
Health Inspectorate Wales
Rhydycar Business Park
Merthyr Tydfil
CF48 1UZ

Tel: 0300 0628163 
Email: hiw@gov.wales
Useful websites
Read answers to FAQs about dental services.
Visit Manor Road Dental Practice Ltd in Swansea for professional consultation. Call us now on

01792 653 826

Enquire About Our General Dentistry Services

Share by: